The pneumatically driven hammers work according to the soil displacement method, when moving forward the spoil is displaced into the surrounding soil. A channel is produced into which socket less short or long pipes up to OD 160 made of plastic (PE, PVC or PE-X) or cables can be pulled in. Depending on the type of soil, lengths of up to 30 m can either be pulled in simultaneously or later. A compressor with 6 – 7 bar operating pressure is required for this, with exact alignment of the machine towards the target necessary for high on- target accuracy.
THE 2-STROKE PRINCIPLE
GRUNDOMATN: VERSATILE APPLICATION
Road crossings and property service connections are everyday tasks for the GRUNDOMATN hammer.
- PIPE RAMMING FROM MODEL 130
GRUNDOMATNcan also be used for ramming in steel pipes by attaching a special ram cone to the head of the machine.
- PIPE BURSTING FROM MODEL95
Modified soil displacement hammers are also applicable for pipe renewal using the pipe bursting method.
Grundomats are also ideal for vertical use, e.g. piling for laying foundations.
PROPERTY SERVICE CONNECTIONS – DIRECTLY FROM INSIDE THE BUILDING
When house connections for gas, water, sewage, electricity, broadband cabling (FTTB) can start directly from the property. A start trench outside the property wall is no longer necessary. This makes the use even more efficient, and the front garden is spared.
for FTTB, gas, water and power property service connections
- Minimal set-up times mean the soil displacement hammer can be started from inside the building after the core bore through the wall
- A wall duct is set up on the inside and seals off the basement wall from the outside and inside.
- The Grundomat and equipment fits into a small transporter van